Does your face make you look fatter than you really are? Want to get rid of fat in your face, but not sure how to start? Do you want to lose fat all over, giving you the appearance of a skinny face? Good news! This guide is for you! In this article, we’re going to talk about:
- Simple things you can do to make your face look thinner – right away!
- How to lose fat all over so that your face gets thinner
- Specific ways you can target the fat in your face
Ready to get a chiseled, stronger look? Here’s how to lose fat in your face.
1. Stay hydrated
It might sound counterintuitive, but when you drink more water you’re less likely to retain fluids. Water acts as a diuretic so that excess fluids can be flushed out. Experts recommend that you drink about four to six cups of water each day, but that might not be enough for you.
If you have certain health conditions, you may need to drink more than four to six cups of coffee. Some medications may make you require more water as well. And if you tend to eat a lot of salty foods, you’re definitely going to need more water.
Water isn’t just good for making you look like you have a skinny face, either. You’ll lose fat with water, but you’ll also:
- Have improved digestion
- Absorb vitamins more readily
- Keep your body temperature regulated throughout the day
- Have healthier organs, like your liver and your kidneys
- Experience better gut health
The benefits of water go way beyond just losing fat, so be sure you drink it. Carry a BPA free or stainless steel water bottle with you throughout the day. Bottoms up!
2. Wear the right clothes
If you wear high collars and turtlenecks, you’re doing yourself no favors. You can create the illusion of a skinny face by sticking to lower cut tops and v-necks. Dark colors work best, so stick with your blacks, greys and blues. And if you insist on wearing stripes, make sure they’re vertical.
Men, this all goes for you, too! You may be able to swing a v-neck, but if you prefer not to, then choose tailored suits and dress shirts that are flattering to your shape. Dark colors are best for you, too, so choose your wardrobe wisely.
You can accessorize to make it look like you’ve lost fat in your face, too. Dangling earrings and hats with a high crown are great accessories to add to your routine. And your accessories don’t have to just be things that you wear. Consider lowlights in your hair and a flattering hair cut to give you a skinny face.
3. Makeup is your friend
Whether you’re a man or a woman, you can use makeup to give you a skinny face. Men, you may not want to use things like eyeliner or mascara, but there are other tools that will make you look skinnier while you lose fat in your face.
- BB cream or foundation will help to even your skin tone and give you a cleaner look.
- Blush and contouring powder or cream can be used to accentuate your cheekbones and to make your nose look thinner.
- Eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara can make your eyes pop. The bigger your eyes look, the thinner your face will appear.
- Use a brow pencil to arch your eyebrows for a skinny face look.
If you don’t know how to use makeup, just visit YouTube! You’ll find thousands of video tutorials on how to properly choose and apply cosmetics, no matter whether you’re male or female.
4. Get a face massage
Yup, you can do that. When you book a facial massage, you’ll not only relax, you’ll also get the appearance of a skinny face.
A facial massage can help you to improve your circulation, which will give your skin an overall healthier appearance. Massages can also help reduce the appearance of find lines and wrinkles, making you look younger. There are other benefits too, including:
- Reduced frequency of headaches
- Less acne, including blackheads
- A decrease in symptoms of congestion
- Less prominent under-eye bags
Plus, it just feels awesome. You don’t necessarily have to go to a therapist or spa to get a facial massage. Instead, you can get a non-comedogenic face oil and take a DIY approach.
5. Take fat burning supplements
The best way to get a skinny face is to actually lose fat. You can do that through diet and exercise, of course, but if you need an extra boost, consider weight loss supplements. Before you do, you’re going to want to talk to your doctor. Weight loss supplements can have side effects, and if you’re not in perfect health they can actually do more harm than good.
There are many types of weight loss supplements that will give you a skinny face. You can choose from:
- Appetite suppressants
- Fat burners
- Fat blockers
- Metabolic boosters
Again, chat with your doc about which is best for your lifestyle and your health.
6. Work those facial muscles
Yes, you can do exercise and yoga – for your face. Men and women alike can get a younger, skinny face when they work out their face muscles. There are exercises that will work your cheeks, the muscles around your eyes, your neck and your forehead. Need a little guidance? Just look it up online!
Exercising your face is probably something you’ll want to do at home on your own. You’re going to be making some odd faces, and will probably feel ridiculous if you do these exercises in front of others. But they do work! Make it a point to exercise your face three to five times each week. It should take around 20 minutes.
7. Lose weight
Yeah, that’s right. You’re really not going to lose fat and get a skinny face unless you lose fat in your whole body. You’re going to need to change your lifestyle, your eating habits and your exercise routine. In other words, you’re going to need to work.
Losing weight isn’t always the easiest thing in the world to do. It takes determination and hard work, but we know you can do it! You can talk to your doctor, a personal trainer, a dietician or a nutritionist to help you reach your health, weight loss and fitness goals.
As you lose fat in your face, you may notice that you have excess skin that sort of “hangs.” You can talk to your doctor about options you may have to reduce this. Exercise in your face muscles may help, and so might massage. In extreme cases, weight loss success stories have required surgery to reduce the extra skin.
At any rate, it should go without saying that losing weight all over is the best way to lose fat in your face. Do it carefully and safely, and you’ll love the results!
8. Stand up straight
Your posture, believe it or not, can make an enormous difference in how skinny your face looks. Stand up straight and don’t slouch. Keep your chin up and look straight ahead while you’re walking. When you use good posture, you’re going to have less appearance of “double chin” and neck fat.
The same goes for when you’re sitting! Whether you’re driving your car or sitting at your desk at work, keep an eye on your posture. Don’t fall into the trap of relaxing too much – keep your back erect and aligned.
When you use good posture, you’re going to feel better. You’ll automatically feel more confident, and your whole body will look better. Your excess “ripples” won’t fold over each other and you’ll look trimmer than you actually are. Plus, that confidence will shine out to others, too! Trust us – they’ll notice!
9. Check your hair
Now, your hairdo is going to be different depending on who you are. If you have naturally kinky or curly hair, for example, there are styles that will look better on you than they will on a person with board-straight hair. Your best bet is to talk to a stylist.
Your stylist can recommend a cut for you that will complement your face. Even changing the part in your hair can make a huge difference and give you a skinny face. You’ll look and feel better while you lose fat when you choose a style that’s suited to your facial shape.
You may also want to consider coloring your hair. Lowlights can be great for a thinner facial look, and in most cases vibrant color will make your face look better than if you’re a washed out blonde. Your stylist will be able to tell you all of these tips and tricks, and create a look that’s great for you!
10. Take smart photos
Even if you don’t have a skinny face in person, you can make your photos look like you do. So grab that selfie stick and get to posing! There are a few tips and tricks you can use to make your face look slimmer in your photos.
- Use bronzer. Whether you’re a dude or a gal, you can use bronzer on your face to define your jawline and your cheekbones. Bronzer and contouring powder can also make your nose look slimmer when you use them correctly.
- Pay attention to your eyebrows. A high arch can make your face look thinner, while a bushy shag will make your features look fat.
- Hold your head up high. When you’re looking down at the camera, you’ll appear to have three chins and fat cheeks. Instead, look slightly upward, and tilt or turn your head to the side just a bit.
- Don’t forget to smile. Your smile will brighten your face much more than that grumpy frown will!
- Don’t forget your posture. Head up, chin up, back straight. This will instantly thin your face.
- Be mindful of your clothing choices. Busy patterns and horizontal stripes will make you look fat, while dark colors and simple patterns will make you look much, much thinner.
- Have your pictures taken from slightly above your face. Not only will this make it look like you have a skinny face, it can make your whole body look slimmer.
- Pull your shoulders slightly back. This will make your neck look thinner and longer, and will make your collarbone look great.
If you need some inspiration, all you really have to do is check out Insta! Look at the poses your favorite influencers are posing and imitate them. Don’t forget to add your own personal flair.
11. Don’t wear bangs
Bangs are just about the worst thing you can do for a fat face. These hairstyle disasters chop your face in half, making it look chubby, stocky and just overall fat. Skip the bangs and choose a sleek, sexy hairstyle instead. If you absolutely can’t live without bangs, keep them long and sweep them to the side of your face.
Your hairdo counts, too. Women and men alike will slim their faces by wearing a high ponytail or messy bun on the crown of the head. You can also opt for a “poofy” hairdo that gives your hair volume – this will make it look like you have a skinny face, too.
12. Rethink your eyewear
If you wear glasses, you’ll need to make sure they give you a skinny face. Round, cokebottle glasses aren’t good for a slim appearance, so skip the aviators and large lenses. Instead, choose rectangular or cat eye frames. Better yet, switch to contact lenses if you’re able!
Don’t be afraid to add a little color to your frames, too. Thin wire frames can make your face look fat while a splash of color can actually make your face look thinner. In other words, don’t try to hide your eyewear – use your glasses as an accessory to make yourself look even better!
This goes for sunglasses, too. When you choose your designer shades, choose shapes that flatter your face and make it look thinner.
13. Mind your hormonal cycles
Women and men alike will have hormonal cycles that can make your face look fat. Women, you know this is usually while you’re on your period. You’re going to retain more fluids and it will be difficult to have a skinny face. Men, you have cycles as well, so bear that in mind as you go throughout your month.
To help remedy the bloated look you’ll get from hormonal cycles, there are a few things you can do. Let’s take a look:
- Drink more water. Water is a diuretic and will help you get rid of those fluids.
- Add some lemon or lime to your water. These citrus fruits will further help you to release the fluids you’re holding on to.
- Cut out the salt. Sodium is a huge culprit for fluid retention. Cut the extra salt and sodium out of your diet. Stay away from prepackaged foods as they’re usually super high in salt.
- Women, consider changing your hormonal birth control method to help you keep those hormonal fluctuations at bay.
- Talk to your doctor about herbal supplements that will help relieve the bloating. Dandelion is a good option for many people, as are garlic, parsley and fennel. Cranberry juice may also help, but mind those calories.
- Increase your intake of magnesium and vitamin B6.
While these hormonal bumps in the road will happen, you can definitely help to limit the effects they have. You can have a skinny face all month long when you use one of these methods.
14. Seek more permanent solutions
If you’ve recently lost a lot of weight and have some extra flab hanging around, you can always go under the knife. Now, this isn’t a solution you should take lightly, and it shouldn’t even be a first resort. Surgery is serious, has risks and is permanent.
If you do decide that surgery is a great option for you, you have a couple of choices. You can undergo plastic surgery in which your surgeon can actually resculpt your face. Implants and other tools and tricks will give you a defined, skinny face.
You can also choose something a little less intrusive like Botox injections. Again, there are risks associated with Botox and other injections, so be sure you know exactly what you’re getting into before you undertake something like plastic surgery or Botox.
This should go without saying, but you should always be sure you’re getting your procedure done by a licensed physician or specialist. There are too many Botox botch-ups that have happened throughout history. Botox is a poison and can be extremely dangerous when your injection comes from the wrong hands.
You don’t have to lose fat in a hurry to have a skinny face fast. Follow these 14 tips and tricks to make your face look thinner. In the meantime, be sure you’re eating right and exercising. The best way to lose weight in your face is to lose weight overall.